Monday, November 17, 2008

Writer's Block


I have extreme writer's block. I feel so uncreative at the moment, and strongly believe that my muse in on strike. I don't know if she wants a raise, or better benefits, but I need her to come back to her place of employment. She needs to do some serious housekeeping because my mind is a cluttered mass of transient thoughts. Metaphors are running rampant, similes stumbling around, banging on the walls and she's not there to get her workers inline. Well, I was reading one of my old poems and one stood out so I decided to share since I can't write anything worth posting at the moment. Hopefully inspiration hits me over the head soon.

Midnight

The sun sets to give rise to you, 
Hour of creativity and divinity,
Time is overtaken by serenity, 
Thoughts are born anew

Drifting out of mundane reality
Grasping at clouds of effervescence
Sifting through flashing 'scapes of freshness
Awed by the tender state of fragility. 

Dancing twilight transcends
Rambunctious nature of the soul
Devouring all that was trite and old
Blossoms the world without end.

Soothing the beast we intimately knew
freeing the symphony of wind 
Til the time comes when it all ends
Accosted by the morning dew.

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be able to tell you had writer's block from reading this post.

    I love your writing, also.

    OH, I'm Kris by the way. Just doing my usual random readings lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, I'm glad you love my writing, but I havn't wrote a new poem in a few weeks. I think i'm going to go back to writing my novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. Novel??? I would love to read some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm that may be possible, u have myspace or messenger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you definitely didn't write that like you had writer's block.

    ReplyDelete

Social Vibe


Social Vibe