Monday, November 10, 2008

Disappointment







" Hope for the best, but expect the worst." 

That little bit of advice doesn't tend to work for me because I'm naturally optimistic. I'm the wide eyed kid who is surprised when things go wrong. My optimistic nature seems to have backfired extremely hard. Now I think I'll embrace pessimism and attempt to delude myself into feeling a sense of foreboding around every corner. At least then when something good happens I can feel extremely overjoyed, unlike this aching feeling of disappointment. 

Today I was informed via a phone call that I was not selected for Co-Chair of the organization I love so much. They could have texted me that B.S. I can honestly say I worked hard, and have been trying to be an outstanding member of the organization. I've made it to every meeting, been at every even, and basically shined throughout the semester. Even though  I did all this and tried so hard, obviously, it wasn't enough. 

I plan to not be bitter about the whole situation; I still love the organization. I will continue to play my role, and try again next year. There's always next year. Well, that's what I'm telling myself right now. Repeating it over and over in my head, and hoping it'll sink in. 

Next year I'll step it up a notch, but for right now disappointment is all I have to hold onto. Thanks for joining me today, please remove all luggage from the compartments and have a nice evening. 


1 comment:

  1. You do seem like a pretty optimistic person. sometimes i envy that! but i'm sorry about the thing with your organization. like you said, maybe next year. after reading your posts, i'm not surprised by your attitude towards the situation. but that couldn't have been me. if i worked that hard for something that i wanted and didn't get it, i would be pretty upset and make sure everyone knows it. [shrug] idk. that's just me lol. but i'm sure you'll do better and you'll get it next year! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Social Vibe


Social Vibe