Monday, November 3, 2008

Train Ride

July 10, 2008, 10:08pm

Thats the date I wrote the piece that inspired my blog's URL. I am a poet first and foremost. A writer who uses words to dictate my reality. I was looking at the description in my header and realized I'm not sharing to much of my poetry. I had another poem in mind to share, and even thought of a whole post just for it, but I decided maybe tomorrow would be better. So here's my poem entitled train ride.

All aboard for the midnight train
Destination, nowhere,
Wheels squeal as the train speeds on,
Towards the end of the line.

The track falls into an abyss
And my thoughts tumble after
Flailing helpless against the onslaught of the night,
Mares infused with the need to be released and roam free.

Two minus one equals me,
Yet divided I’m still whole,
What once was one can never be undone
Seeds bloom in the night or with the sun.


I hope you enjoy it as much I enjoyed writing it.

3 comments:

  1. this was a dope peace you have here. i admire poets. so i'll have to peek in more often i think ill add you to my friend bloggers list.

    im arielle by the way. peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, I'm glad u enjoyed the piece. Lol, I need to post more poems on here, a lot of them are on facebook. But thanks for the add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this poem. it's really good and I look forward to seeing more of them from you.

    ReplyDelete

Social Vibe


Social Vibe