Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Session

I know today is the day we make history, but yesterday I experienced one of those firsts...you know first as in first kiss, or first.... well you can fill in the blank. Starting at 8pm last night I started recording my first song. My boy Corry, aka Rocket, was in the studio singing and playing with this beat when I walked into the room. It was the Mockingbird beat by Eminem, and it happens to be one of the catchiest beats ever. So our conversation went something like this:

Flowz: Yo Roc lets make a song, NOW!
Rock: You 4real? Lets go!

--Break for writing--

Flowz: I'm done set me up in the booth

I walk into the booth for my first time in life. I thought I was going to be nervous but I actually wasn't. I laid my verse down in a few takes, and had a lot of fun with it. I was dancing around the microphone, acting all cool, and being my normal goofy self. There was not a hint of nervousness; although we learned that since I talk so low all the time next time we do something like this I am definitely going to have to up my volume. 

Corry went into the booth next and spit a hot 16 bars. It was great. He did all the producing too, and singing. Yes, we have him doing his t-pain/chris brown on the track. My bro is extremely talented. He even did the photoshop for the picture of me on here. 

Well, the whole process took about 4-5 hours because his computer is a baby. It couldn't handle all the things we where doing to the track, and it continuously froze on us. We remained dedicated and finished our project, which, I believe turned out great for a random idea, and seeing as it was my first time recording. I learned what I need to improve on if I record anymore songs with him, and still fun. 

I actually plan on putting the song on here once this fool sends it to me as an mp3 file. He gave me a long quicktime file thats about 10mb. I can't even put that on my ipod...UGH!!! Well, I have homework to do, people to vote for, and class to attend. Dueces.

4 comments:

  1. Well that's hot! Gosh, you sound so much like me when you said you usually talk at a low volumn. On top of that I have this 'baby voice' smh. Its annoying I look 20 something before I open my mouth and sound 12 Lol. Good luck with any future singin adventures ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO @ I can't even put it on my ipod.

    What in the world would you even want it on your ipod for?


    Goodness gracious.


    Hope you had a nice day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i'll have to check it out when u post it. lol im very honest. lol believe me ;[ lol ask eric. so dont take it too personal.

    but i was looking for another poem i looking through old poems i read a dope one about i use to love her. it's nice. you are a refreshing addition to my blog list. peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tight man you in the booth...that's hella tight...make sure to send me the track so that I tell everybody that I knew you before you blew up!!

    ReplyDelete

Social Vibe


Social Vibe