Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Seeds

I have not written a new poem in so long, and i've felt terrible about it. I was lost and lacked motivation. Well, my birthday is in 40 minutes, and I felt that it was only right to right a new poem to end 2008 and bring in my birthday. I wrote this straight through no stops so I hope anyone reading this likes it.

I was taught the pain of heartbreak in the year of 2008,

Tears of pain and joy washed away landscapes of immaturity

As demolition crews squandered time and energy,

and watched me as I took upon my shoulders their burdens.

Atlas’ last son,

I carried the weight of my hopes and dreams,

Building muscles and relying on the strength of my character,

Until I became a free mason and freed myself of the cracks in my fortitude,

Fortifying my determination and ascending to new planes of imagination.

Imagining myself as a hero that uplifts those within the void of heartache,

A void that shares similarities and connects hearts in the wake of destruction

An oxymoron that belies its true intent of forging bonds,

Words flow through the essence of those with the ears to listen,

Not just hearing but breathing in the antibodies,

that are subtle and masked in the shroud of words.

Losing sight of what ails me and embracing what ails society,

Blind to the fact that life blows through me like a maelstrom,

Searching frantically for the eye of the storm, and being disillusioned

By the façade that I use to fool myself that this is a fairy tale,

And has a happy ending.

Riding through storybooks without my red hood to hide me

from the eyes I see in the mirror that reflects only the heartache,

of loving so hard that my words are clogged in my mind

And can’t find the path to enlightenment that will grant inner piece,

to the puzzle that came without all the pieces.

Piecing together the pieces to a poet fragmented,

Scattered and thrown to the wind and like pollen,

Being used to cultivate the minds of everyone in need,

of motivation to flower, and one day succeed.

Tears of pain and joy nourished my desire to be happy,

Saturating the soil in which I planted my love,

Turning myself into a gardener and weeding out weeds,

that choked the seeds of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Vibe


Social Vibe