Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Poetry is ....

...A bridge into someone's soul. 

I just had the best time writing a poem with my friend Serena. We each took turns writing one line over yahoo messenger, I wrote the first line and she wrote the second, and we just continued like that.  I feel the poem is great even though we are not finished, but she said she needed to go to sleep. Well, here is the part we did tonight. I hope you enjoy reading our love child as much as we loved making it.

I saw greatness in her, I saw my inner being embodied in a soul as deep as mine

Listening to such a beautiful voice as our thoughts intertwined

Waves of familiarity crashed upon me and washed away all doubts, leaving behind feelings of passion that were sublime, 

Walking along an unfamiliar path with only smiles and laughs, wondering if it was ok to call him mine

Rejoicing in the fact that she was near and I could hold her, cherishing her sweet aroma as I inhaled all of her time after time

Sharing a kiss so deep it wasn't long after that I realized the ecstasy that began to empower my heart at the drop of a dime, 

Uniting our heart so that we never missed a beat of each other's life, reaching a blurring of thoughts and colors that lines couldn't confine,

Realizing that it was the passion our hearts longed for and could no longer divide with those who we could no longer confide...in. 

Entrusting my dreams in the hope, of us, realizing that I've found someone who can read between the lines of my heart and see not only where I finish but where I start, 

Hoping that this erupting passion that has opened to our horizon finally brings from within a new life that shall never end, 

Fusing my love for creativity with her love for life until we give birth to a union that is devoid of pain and strife, cherishing the thoughts of where our passion will send us, 

Through the thick heaven clouds a love so strong would certainly unfold, 

Antonym of yin and yang, but still complimentary to the point that when I breath she breaths, and in our breast we hold a greatness that to others we refuse to divulge. 


4 comments:

  1. I used to do this with my raps! Great isn't it?
    It's like ... lyrical sex lol.

    I must say, the end is definitely stronger than the beginning. Seemed as if in the beginning you were confining yourself to a rhyme scheme, but in the end ... you just broke out. Definitely more free-flowing.

    Fav line?
    "Fusing my love for creativity with her love for life until we give birth to a union that is devoid of pain and strife"

    two thumbs up. i won't disown you just yet lol.

    ReplyDelete

Social Vibe


Social Vibe