Monday, December 15, 2008

Wondering how would life be if I had mistletoe over my head 24/7

The school year is slowly coming to a close, and I can honestly say that I am extremely pleased. My love for the University of Missouri is still there, but this semester's experiences have taught me so many long life lessons. I have endured so much. I have watched as so many good things have slipped from my grasp, and I really don't know if I should have tried to hold on. Maybe that was my problem, I shouldn't have tried to hold on. I was resentful that this school year was not as great as previous years. Academically I'll come out on top again I suppose. I doubt my gpa will be below a 2.9, but socially and emotionally this has been a trying time in my life. 

So I guess I will not be vague in this post because I need to let go, and the only way for me to release all the negativities invading my mind is to use my words to cleanse my spirit. No, I will not be writing a long emotional poem, or a heartbreaking ode to what life was like 2 years ago when all my friends were still at school, or I had my girlfriend that I still love, but refuse to dwell in that state anymore. 

This semester there was some good. I finally have a car. No longer am I needing rides to and from places. I'd rather be the one scoopin vs. being scooped. I was able to see my brother at his school for the first time, and enjoy everything a University of Illinois homecoming has to offer. Wait...it gets better my brother came to see me for my homecoming a week later. We saw Common in concert, and pretty much got it crackin for a whole weekend. 

After that weekend came the gap in good times. It was all about school until Thanksgiving break, and once that break came all the Bro's drove to see our brother Kyle in Michigan. We kicked it hard for that weekend, and for the remaining time we had together in the Chi. It was great being home. 
**********

Back to the reality of school at Mizzou. Since Thanksgiving break i've been ready to go back home. This semester needs to come to a close....naw scratch that, this year needs to come to a close. Me and my friend Kirsten were discussing our theory that 2008 has not been the year for relationships. We've both broken up with our significant others and seen a lot of our friends end their own relationships. We officially decided to not invest in a relationship until 2009, and ironically my birthday ends this year, so I get to start a new year fresh. I'll be 21 and can focus on reaching my dreams. 

******

Ok, random tangent, I have met someone who is exactly like me. We have the same birthday, like cartoons(specifically anything disney), and just click so well. She's actually one gorgeous female who I only want as a friend right now. Honestly, I just want a friend because thats what I need. Its scary to find someone who reminds me of how I am every time we talk. Its actually refreshing. If you've been following my posts she's the friend who I wrote the poem with a few days ago. So, everything seems so good, and I feel that we have potential in every area and so does she. There is only one problem, she has a ex-bf who may reclaim the boyfriend label, and I doubt us being really good friends is going to pick up like I want. Well, i'll just have to see. We both live in Chicago so I may see her once or twice(more if I'm lucky) while we're home. 
*********

Next, I've been sick for the whole weekend; yet, I still managed to subdue my cold and go out friday, saturday, and sunday. I'm glad I did because on friday my friend Jared through a house party that was more fun than any official party I've been to all semester. On Saturday I went to my friend's graduation/birthday party and that was cool. I followed up that party with an Alpha party, and did not have a great time. I spent the whole time on my phone using yahoo messenger to talk to the friend that I was referring to earlier. It was a good yahoo conversation lol. 

Well, this is my last week at school, and then I wave farewell for an entire month. I have one final on wednesday, and just have to stay here until I get paid on friday. I plan on going home and seeing all my friends. Visiting all the people who miss me, and just relaxing. I need a break from the madness of school life, I hope that next semester and next year is so much more fun and stress free.  I want more from my time at school. I want more fun, a opportunity to finally get down with my favorite organization, and just want to see the spring bring out the best in people. 
************

Note for Lizzy if she reads all of this:

So my tire blew out while I was on the expressway. I think I just don't need to drive anymore ever. I have to go get a new tire today at some point. It sucks to have to keep replacing one tire at a time, but I don't have the funds to by a whole set. I hope your car has been brought back to life, and that everything works out with the family and everything else. We all need some joy an d a relieve of the stress that plagues us with every turn we make. 


3 comments:

  1. I hate driving period.

    :(

    We should just give up driving all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sure you'll pull through buddy. hold tight! doesn't seem like "the season to be jolly" at all. from my own sorrow i read each of my friends. i just press on and try to keep a positive outlook without putting a morbid outlook on everything... don't lose your sanity because of whats going on with humanity<3 peace and love

    ReplyDelete

Social Vibe


Social Vibe