Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Always


I've been up since about 2am. I have a serious case of insomnia so I decided to try to write. Lately writing has been come hard for me. I usually can turn out a new piece with ease, but I think it's because I need to get back to my novel. I keep saying that, but Eric has given me some mild inspiration. Well, it is 4:43am and I've finished a new poem. I hope you like it. 

Sing to me of ideas that lurk in the dark

Monsters that fear the light, yet yearn to be seen,

Sing to me of dreams that are peaceful and serene,

Healing the ravages of a reality that tears lives apart

 

Sing to me with words that are more than metaphor,

Similes that are not similar to past affinities

 

Dance with me with only our hearts for a beat

Synchronizing our steps as we harmonize our dreams for change

Dance with me under a new moon, full but fleeting

Spotlight for our insecurity and fears until they no longer feel strange

 

Dance with me while we embark on destiny’s path

Sing to me with a voice that sooths my nightmares

Dance with me as we create envy that is unparallel

 

Sing to me,

Dance with me,

Live with me,

Laugh with me,

Be with me,

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Vibe


Social Vibe