Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nothing Even Matters

I'm officially addicted to Lauren Hill. She is one of the best lyricists ever to exist. This is my attempt to recapture everything I get from her song Nothing Even  Matters. Yep.


Time and time again I want to rewind,

back to where you end and we begin.

Reliving every laugh, every smile,

Holding hands as we walk down the aisle.

Mile after mile, of insecurities mixed with love.

An affair that that only our hearts were aware of.

Cheating on rationality as we discarded everything else for a casualty.

Every word we spoke touched our souls and left us flattered.

We discovered early that nothing even matters.

I had you and you grasped me closer,

Wearing my heart not on my sleeve,

 but where you rested your head on my shoulder.

My love was so close to your thoughts they intermingled,

giving me a refreshing tingle,

your touches made my skin sizzle,

and with a wayward glance my breath would fizzle,

as my heart leapt to my throat cutting off my air supply,

but your love was eternal resuscitation,

keeping my lungs constantly inflating.

 

Breathing in all you had to offer I was blessed,

I must confess that not even in my wildest dreams would I guess

That I would find perfection in the flesh.

Even at its best my imagination you could easily best,

Discarding images that I thought I longed for, fantasies miscued,

Right when you walked through life’s door.

 

Nothing even matters when I think of me without you,

The sky goes dark as if every bulb in the sky just blew

Limitations were gone the moment we no longer were two,

Melding into one being of profound love that was new,

Suddenly,

We woke up and realized that what we had neither of us ever knew,

Thinking back to the days of honeymoon when we first said I do,

To the present scenario and how our love has only grew

Dating for years we experienced a discarding of our fears,

As we had dinner dates, movie nights, and when it became late we would kiss,

But best of all we would talk until early became late and our thirst for each other we could satiate.

Discussing our hopes for each other, placing all bets on love rather than fate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Vibe


Social Vibe