Monday, February 9, 2009

Third Post of the Night/Early Morning

One Day

I want,
to live in a world where love conquers all 
Pride comes before the fall, but if it was up to me, 
I’d tear down your walls, 

Until I see,
you for whom you are meant to be, 
Slinging affection and honesty in your direction, 
Offering my love along with a new form of protection

Over the years
your foundation was built on fear
A moat surrounded your heart filled by tears
A lake of despair that no one could steer

Mature
In body and mind
You’re heart called out for mine
Reaching into the dark scared and blind
Missing your mark time after time

Your heart,
was surrounded by failure
Each betrayal and heartbreak added a fresh layer
Pain and anguish without sight of your savior

I want, 
To live in a world only of me and you
A place where our dreams come true
Devoid of the interference of him and her too

Love in focus,
Magnified by our trials and tribulations
Success at defeating speculations
A time for spontaneous jubilation. 

BTW I always give credit where credit is due. Eric helped me with the third stanza. I needed his advice on whether to keep a line or let it go. Thanks Bro.

1 comment:

Social Vibe


Social Vibe