Friday, October 31, 2008

2.22am

Obama for President

Ok, so I realized today, or rather yesterday, that the University of Missouri is a BIG F'IN DEAL! The next president of the United States was here to speak to the Columbia community. Now if only I was able to see him, or at least hear him, but unfortunately I had to relinquish my press pass, and was unable to make it due to my duty as a responsible, caring member of society. In lemans terms-- I was at work. 

Oh the joy everyone must have experience to witness a living legend speak today, even if that line was extremely long. I have statements from people who stood in line for at LEAST three hours. WTF!!!

I shouldn't act like I wouldn't have done it too. I mean it's Obama, when will I have another chance to see him in person? Obviously it wasn't going to happen yesterday, though, it would have been great, and to make matters worse I couldn't even afford an Obama T-shirt. How wack is that?!

So, in other non-presidential hopeful news I saw Jessica today. At this moment you may be asking who is Jessica. Well, let me enlighten you. She is the cute volunteer from the previous post. She was at the BGC today, and a small kindergardener told her I was a player. Wow, yes you should be shocked too. I was being blocked by someone who can barely count to ten without the help of a diagram, calculator, and abacus all at hand. 

It was pretty dastardly of him, to say the least. Yet, I could not fault him for it, kids are extremely sneaky in this generation. Luckily for me she isn't prone to believe the ramblings of the young. I saw her after work, at a fountain, and we enjoyed each others company for a good thirty minutes of my life. It was great times, and I hope to have more of them, but for all future endeavors between me and miss Jessica I plan to be far away from the BGC and all blocking little boys. 

I feel that this train has come to it's final stop for the night. Please depart the train and make sure you have all your baggage because the doors will be closed until further notice(probably until saturday since this counts as Friday's post). Goodnight and good evening. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow @ that kid. I bet you are pissed.

    Aww, I'll send you my Obama shirt in
    the mail :)

    BTW, I'm Kee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just passing through & thought i'd speak.
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Social Vibe


Social Vibe