Friday, August 29, 2008

Unconditional

" Love is supposed to be unconditional, if it's not I'll become more transitional, and end up becoming a lost chapter in your book, just call me fictional"

So I like that line above, it rings true to how I'm feeling today, yesterday, and how I'll feel for the rest of my life. So I was listening to John Legends first CD, its great if you have yet to hear it, and I found myself becoming lost in the lyrics that hit home so HARD. I never imagined that I would find a soundtrack to my love life at the moment but this is it. 

Lets list the main tracks that touched on my feelings. 

I can change
Ordinary People
Refuge, and 
I'll stay with you.

These four tracks touch on the pain and struggle of a real relationship. A real emotional journey that people undertake. Far from the adolescent puppy love pains of yesteryear, but the love that transcends all logic and causes us to behave erratic and with random bursts of emotion. 

At the moment I am one of those lovesick individuals who has thrown logic to the wind and faces an uphill struggle for a sense of self. Oh I know who I am, just am finding myself lost without H.E.R. I find that I am easily hurt because I love harder than most. I wear my emotions on my sleeve, like it's a new fashion. The only problem is this trend isn't catching, she hasn't caught on to the new style. 

A smart man knows when to retreat, but a man in love isn't smart, but as irrational, stubborn, and in a sense full of self destruction as a man can be because love is blinding. Love is overpowering, and it can be crippling and detrimental to a person's sanity. Yes, I'm writing from experience. I just hope this lesson is a happy one, a moral learned that isn't atrocious...

Ignorance is bliss, but true love can make you wish you didn't exist. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Vibe


Social Vibe